Vararam Ram Air Intake - 2010-2011 Chevy Camaro SS (6.2L V8) - TUNE Required!
IMPORTANT- This the TUNE REQUIRED version of the Vararam. The Vararam is a very aggressive design for a cold air intake, and this is their NO compromises best flowing design. This system is one of the best flowing intakes on the market, and makes great power for owners with heavy modifications. It is not however intended for vehicles with less than 430 rwhp, as it may have drivability issues. This intake always requires a special tune. Owners below that power level, or who do not want to tune, should buy the nNo Tune model of this intake (Available HERE)
Also, the Camaro comes with multiple models of air meters, and this intake only works with specific ones. Before ordering the Vararam you must check the factory code on the OEM air meter (CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW TO CHECK YOUR METER). We do offer the option to buy a new correct mass air flow sensor using the dropdowns above.
Does not fit 2012 and new model year cars!
Vararam Product Info-
Vararam HAS GIVEN CAMARO OWNERS WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN asking for!
The new 2010 Camaro system from VR represents a major leap forward in terms of real world performance delivered with the quality that Camaro owners and tuners alike have come to expect.
“Quite simply, this is the Most Powerful ram air system we have ever produced for a Road Car.”
This is the most powerful induction system of any kind for the new 2010 Camaro. Our competition will talk,
but they will not outflow it or outrun it. They will never outperform it!
Every aspect of induction technology has been used in this system.
The days of a cone with a pipe are dead,
because there is no air colder than Ram Air! ™
Introducing the Super Street version of the VR Camaro system (code name, SS)
This Latest version is a development of the original system. Proving that it takes a Vararam to catch a Vararam! Designed to remove the volume and the manuel adjustability that was built into the the original VR systems. We spent hundreds of man hours addressing the finicky nature of the OEM Camaro during cold start operation, removing any bucking, lumpy idles etc...we removed it all!
(We also made a very important discovery regarding the OEM air meter, a must read covered in the airmeter section)
You can even take the filter out of the latest VR system and drive the car around without issue ....it will be baby smooth, try that with any other air box on the planet! This enables tuners to maximize the HP in there combinations without compromising drivability at any point. From mild to wild the VR-SS will stay smooth while delivering tire smoking airflow that no other company can match!
General features for the new Super Street spec system.
The following items were changed:
• The tail/ air box has had over 200cu/inches of volume removed to improve extreme low RPM 1,000-1,600RPM drivability.
• The filter- Here we now use a custom panel filter offering -washable and reusable made by Green USA to VR specs.
• Rifling The MAF - A custom 1/4 inch thick med density Honeycomb MAF screen has been added to both downsize the system and improve flow quality into the MAF at low throttle input. We did not stop there, we went a step further by employing an elliptical neck vs round to further balance the flow across the MAF, this also helps to equalizes velocities in even the most extreme conditions.
• A front wing has been added to control the amount of air entering the system. This features several vortex generators to further aid overall airflow efficiency,
• A heat pad has also been added from the special service package (Police Camaro) This helps deflect the hot radiator heat when the fans are operating. This greatly reduces unwanted heat soak in static conditions.
• Available in Tune and NO Tune models
The Super Street is setup for smaller lower power combinations from stock 400hp to 700hp (call for higher HP applications) To achieve this we increased peak flow but decreased the peak volume to insure good low RPM drivability, even with the wildest camshaft combinations.
|Which Intake Do I want?|
|The VR Camaro unit is Modular and can be switched from one combination to the next in just minutes. Making it the last intake that you will ever buy for your Gen5 Camaro, so no matter how mild or wild the combination, VR has you covered. |