This kit is designed to add 97-04 Corvette C5/Z06 front calipers and rotors to any 93-02 GM F-Body. This complete kit includes all hardware and components needed to complete the C5 front brake conversion on any 93-02 F-Body. The only item this kit does not include is the front rotors. The included brackets are designed to relocate the caliper mounting holes in the correct location to add the larger 325mm (12.8) C5 rotors and calipers. The larger rotor surface will absorb and radiate more heat allowing more use of the brakes when needed. The PBR C5/Z06 caliper is stronger, uses larger pads and heavier mounting hardware then the stock LT1 and LS1 set ups. This complete kit can be installed in less then 2 hours and requires no modifications to the master cylinder or rear brakes.
- (1) Set- UMI Performance’s Aluminum Conversion Brackets
- (1) Set- New GM PBR Pressure Cast Corvette Front Calipers
(Available Black or Red)
- (1) Set- Hawk HPS Front Brake Pads
- All new GM mounting hardware including new banjo bolts, guide pins,
washers and rubber boots
- Detailed Installation Instructions
Please visit this link for more information on the installation of this kit. HERE
Note: To install brackets both LT1 and LS1 spindles require modifications. This simple modification can be done while the spindle is on the car and requires only a small amount of cutting. LS1 models require less cutting than LT1 models.
Benefits of Running the C5 Set Up
1. Larger Rotors: The larger rotor absorbs and radiates more heat, the C5 rotor is 1” larger then the LS1 rotor and 2” larger then the LT1 rotor 2. C5 Rotors are directional unlike the LT1 and LS1 set ups. C5 rotors feature fins designed to advance air flow allowing better cooling. 3. Many brake pad and rotor options are available for all types of driving 4. The C5 calipers are pressure cast not gravity cast; this helps increase caliper life 5. Unlike other brake set ups, C5 components can be purchased at any parts store. This eliminates down time when an item may fail or require quick replacement.
This kit requires a minimum of a 17” wheel for clearance. All 1996 and newer GM 17” wheels will fit correctly with this kit. If you are running a different wheel set up please research fitment before purchasing.
From our research we have found the following wheels will NOT clear with the conversion kit, they may clear with the correct wheel spacers:
1. Enkei Win- 17” x 9.5”
2. 93-94 SLP Firehawk wheel- 17” x 9”
3. Borbet Type T- 17” x 9.5”
4. Forgeline RS Reverse Rim
5. Torque Thrust II
93-02 Chevrolet Camaro
93-02 Pontiac Firebird