We are excited to offer Kooks new headers for 2010-2013 Camaro SS & ZL1. Kooks builds all of their products to the highest standard, and these are possibly the best headers you can buy. Fabricated from all 304 TIG welded stainless steel, they feature 1 7/8" primaries, and 3" merge collectors with O2 Bugs welded in. With a proper tune via handheld tuner, mail order, or at a dyno shop, these headers are good for 25-45HP depending on the vehicle. Includes O2 Extenders, along with all bolts and gaskets needed for installation.
Connection Pipes- Kooks offers a few options for connecting these headers to your factory exhaust, which are detailed below.
PT# 6513-OEMC - 3" x 2 1/2" Catback Connection Pipes with Cats - Include cats and connects your Kooks headers to your stock, or any 2.5" aftermarket exhaust.
PT# 6514-OEMO - 3" x 2 1/2" Catback Connection Pipes without Cats - Deletes cats and connects your Kooks headers to your stock, or any 2.5" aftermarket exhaust.
PT# 651504-CX-MUFF - 3" exhaust with X-pipe and Cats - Full 3" exhaust including X-pipe, cats, and Kooks Mufflers that replaces whole exhaust from headers back.
PT# 651604-OX-MUFF - 3" exhaust with X-pipe and NO Cats - Full 3" exhaust including X-pipe and Kooks Mufflers that replaces whole exhaust from headers back. Deletes cats.
You must purchase one of the above connection pipes to install your Kooks headers without fabrication. All connection pipes come with O2 bungs and hardware.
|Which Header Size Should you Choose?
|Header primary size is an important decision. Choosing headers with primaries too big can reduce exhaust velocity costing horsepower and torque. On the flip side, choosing headers too small can create a bottleneck in your exhaust also costing performance. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us prior to ordering.
- The 1 3/4" headers will work great for stock, or mildly modded cars supporting up to 550rwhp.
- The 1 7/8" will work great for moderately to highly modded cars between 400 and 650 rwhp. Includes supercharged and nitrous applications.
- The 2" headers are for the most extreme modded cars over 650 rwhp.
For years we have been dedicated to proving our header customers with the best header coating options at affordable prices. Recently our main coater Jet Hot who we have had a great relationship with for years was taken over by new ownership. The new owners have done away with their dealer program resulting in everyone paying drastically higher prices. In response, we have lined up two great competing coating company's offerings for our customers that will allow us to offer the same low prices as before. The coatings all the companies use are very similar, and the main difference is the time an attention put in to doing the job right,
- Airborn Coatings has a history that goes back as far at Jet Hot. Their owner is a chemist who had a hand in developing ceramic coatings. Airborn offer the same great 1700 degree inside and out silver coatings as Jet Hot with a great warranty to back it up.
- Calico Coatings is from the heart of race country in North Carolina. They are Kooks "preferred" coater, and offer not just header coatings, but a wide range of engine and industrial coatings.
- Jet Hot Coatings will still be offered for those who demand the name, however it will be at the new, higher price.
For more details, click the links below!
About Kooks Custom Headers-
Since 1962, Kooks has earned the reputation of making the highest quality and best performing headers and exhaust systems. Kooks uses only the best quality materials and the most precise team of fabricators to manufacture their headers.
MarylandSpeed is a Warehouse level Kooks vendor which allows us to offer awesome service, and the best prices on all their products!