New T2 Standard Series Slotted and T3 Clubspec 4000 Series Slotted rotors Now Available!
With this package you have your choice of any series of DBA Brake Rotors or Hawk Brake Pads we sell at a discounted price and free shipping! Unfortunately, most G8 owners know what it is like to replace warped factory rotors prematurely. The cause of this goes back to the undersized braking system the G8 GT is built from the factory with. The system is just not up to the task of continually stopping such a large car with any performance intent. One main cause of brake issues on the G8 is the factory rotor. The rotors on the car from the factory are small, and made from basic materials. These rotors cannot effectively dissipate all the heat generated by aggressively stopping such a large car. All it takes is one aggressive stop to overheat and warp the rotors which causes an annoying pulsing feeling in your brakes. This type of warpage cannot be fixed by machining, and requires replacing the brake rotors and pads.
Rather than replacing your stock brakes with factory style rotors that will just have the same warping issue, or dumping significant money on a big brake kit, we recommend replacing them with this DBA/Hawk package for long lasting performance. DBA brakes are made from a premium blank that dissipates heat and resists fade better than pretty much anything else you can buy in the stock size. Additionally they are machined in house by DBA, so you don't have to worry about drilled or slotted rotors cracking like cheaper rotors.
The core advantage to DBA brakes is their "Kangaroo" Paw ventilation casting. This casting cools significantly better than the stock casting and will have much greater resistance to warping. All DBA brakes incorporate this upgraded casting to some degree. Click HERE to learn about the exclusive Kangaroo Paw technology DBA uses in their brake designs!
Which DBA Brakes are Right for Me?
The DBA Brakes offered in this package come in Standard Series, or 4000 Series. Both will perform much better than stock, with the 4000 Series having an even better ventilation design along with upgraded visual appearance.
What Choices Do I Have?
Each set of rotors and pads includes all 4 corners.
DBA Brake Rotor Options-
- Standard Series T2 Slotted Rotors NEW! - DBA's street series slotting improves pad bite and assists to reduce brake fade. They are the perfect replacement rotor for the performance conscious street motorist. The new T2 slotting efficiently clears dust and debris, while creating better friction and a cleaner disc rotor. New T2 rotors are not side specific and are quieter than DBA's old street series slotted rotors, (Includes 2 each of PT#'s 2028S & 2029S)
- Standard Series Slotted & Drilled Rotors - These rotors perform well in wet conditions and safely during an emergency braking situation. The drilling and slotting provides an efficient means of dispersing water and friction gases. Looks great behind open-allow wheels. (Includes 2 each of PT#'s 2028X & 2029X)
- 4000 Series T3 Clubspec Slotted Rotors NEW! - CLUBSPEC is the new product category for DBA’s performance enhanced disc brake rotors. These are the ultimate in road and race brake rotors, featuring a number of performance enhancements. Through extensive testing and feedback from performance drivers worldwide, DBA has developed a unique cast iron formula (XG-150) for use in all of it’s CLUBSPEC disc brake rotors. The XG-150 formula, with it’s increasedthermal capacity properties, is designed to respond to the DBA TSP process allowing the rotor. to handle constant extremes of heat over an extended period of time. (Includes 2 each of PT#'s 42028S & 42029S)
- 4000 Series Slotted & Drilled XS Rotors - DBA’s mid-series enhanced performance rotor features Thermal Stability Profiling for improved heat handling and Thermo-Graphic paint markings for effective heat monitoring. These rotors perform well in wet conditions and safely during an emergency braking situation. The drilling and slotting provides an efficient means of dispersing water and friction gases. Looks great behind open-allow wheels. These rotors include a unique 'XS' pattern is a premium (advanced) cross-drilled and slotted pattern, providing improved braking performance for street use only. (Includes 2 each of PT#'s 42028XS & 42029XS)
Hawk Brake Pads Options-
DBA recommends and designs their rotors to work with Hawk Brake pads. Hawk is a leader in performance brake pads, and offer 3 styles of both front and rear pads for the 2008-2009 Pontiac G8 GT.
- Hawk HPS - High Performance Street disc brake pads are world renowned for increasing stopping power on your street legal vehicle. Increasing the performance of your vehicles braking system is easy when you choose Hawk Performance's HPS braking compound. This unique Ferro-Carbon formula was developed for street performance using the safety and quality of Aerospace and Motorsports severe-duty friction technology. The High Performance Street compound offers a higher coefficient of friction over stock brake pads and can provide you 20-40% more stopping power and higher resistance to brake fade than most standard replacement pads. Less fade means you'll have a highly durable brake pad with less brake dust. Includes Front Pair (PT# HB606F.650) & Rear Pair (PT# HB607F.616)
- Hawk Performance Ceramic - Ultimate stopping power in an ultra-low dust, low noise ceramic compound! Hawk Performance has introduced a premium, high performance, ultra-low dust, low noise compound called Performance Ceramic. Performance Ceramic is engineered to reduce brake NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness), creating a quieter performing brake pad. Furthermore, the ceramic brake pad formula has a linear friction profile that allows your ABS brake system to work more effectively. With Performance Ceramic you can expect reduced brake pad wear, lower dust output levels and a rotor-friendly brake pad. (PT# HB606Z.650) & Rear Pair (PT# HB607Z.616)
- Hawk HP Plus - NOTE: THIS IS A RACING PAD THAT IS VERY AGGRESSIVE FOR TRACK USE. THAT MEANS THEY ARE VERY DUSTY AND NOISY MAKING THEM NOT IDEAL FOR A STREET CAR. HP Plus utilizes a unique Ferro-Carbon, high-tech friction material that was developed and manufactured for sport driving in autocross, Solo II and “track day” applications. The Ferro-Carbon formulation offers lower wear rates and higher torque values than other competitive materials. Extremely high coefficient of friction makes HP Plus the perfect upgrade over stock for high performance streetcars used in autocross competition or that experience repetitive, heavy braking. Includes Front Pair (PT# HB606N.650) & Rear Pair (PT# HB607N.616)
Optional Russell Stainless Steel Brake Lines-
Take some mush out your brakes with these preassembled 50 State Legal stainless steel brake line kits from Russell. These kits are a great way to improve the braking feel and performance of your 2008-2009 Pontiac G8 GT without spending a lot of money. (PT# 692210)
RUSSELL STAINLESS STEEL BRAKE HOSES OFFER:
- Direct bolt-on brake hoses bring the ultimate in braking performance
- Replacing OE rubber hoses with Russell brake hoses reduce expansion for improved braking and firmer pedal feel
- Factory assembled for an easy installation, these hoses feature stainless steel braided hose with zinc-plated fittings
- Meet the guidelines of the U.S. Department of transportation
- Hose kits are made for stock applications, unless noted otherwise